Industry Sponsored Projects
- Two years of industry project sponsored by GTC Technology, USA on the "Design and development of solid acid catalyst for aromatics technology" completed successfully and extended for another year. The project is managed by Dr.G V Shanbhag and his group.
- Other two industrial sponsored projects from Shell Technology Centre, Bangalore and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd(HPCL), Bangalore have been carried out in Materaials Science Division, PPISR with Dr. G V Shanbhag as Primcipal Investigator and Dr. Sanjeev Maradur as co-investigator.
Government Sponsored Projects
- The project titled "Layered Bi based Nanomaterials for Photocatalytic Degradation of Dyes and Pollutants" Sponsored by DST, Govt of India under the 'SERC- Fast Track Scheme For Young Scientists' is executed by Dr. NaliniG Sundaram as Principal Investigator.
- The project titled "influence of Electron Beam Irradiation on the Crystal Structure and Photoluminescence of Rare Earth doped Tungstate Nanophosphors" was sanctioned by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Dept. of Atomic Energy,Govt.of India to Dr.Nalini G Sundaram jointly with Prof.Ashok Rao,MIT,Manipal" in 2013 for the period of 3 years.
- Dr. A V Raghu obtained a project titled "Effect of Electron Beam Irradiation on Polymeric composite Membranes for Pervaporation Separation Application" from BRNS, Govt. of India in May 2013 for the period of 3 years.
- A Project titled "Graphene-Loaded sodium alginate nanocomposite membranes with enhanced isopropanol dehydration performance via pervaporation technique" sponsored by VGST,Govt of Karnataka is going on in Materials Science division with Dr.A V Raghu as Principal Ivestigator.
- The infrastructure fund, "the Establishment of Center of Excellence in Science, Engineering and Medicine" (CESEE), Department of IT, BT and ST, VGST, Govt. of Karnataka was sanctioned to Biological Sciences Division in 2013 for the period of 3 years.
- Dept. of Science and Technoloty (DST), Govt. of India sanctioned a project titled "Entanglement,nonlocality and Superluminal Signaling in Deterministic and Indeterministic Extensions of Quantum Mechanics" to R Srikanth of Theoretical Sciences Division in 2013 for the period of 3 Years,
- A project titled "Geometric Phase and Quantum Phase Transition in Quantum Many Body System" sanctioned by DST,Govt. of India to Dr.Sujit Sarkar,Prinicpal Investigator in June 2013 for the period of 3 years.