- JANUARY 04 TO 08, 2016: WINTER SCHOOL FOR UNDER GRADUATE STUDENTS OF PPC, UDUPI
A five day out-reach programme in Physics, Chemistry and Biology was organised at Bidalur Campus for the under graduate students of PPC, Udupi. It was inaugurated by Prof. K G Satyanaraya followed by lectures in chemistry, Biology and physics. The lectures covered topics such as Catalysis-concept and its importance in present day research, Material characterization techniques, introduction to material science, research guidance for undergraduate students, thin film technology, Nano materials, advances in polymers, a few basic aspects of quantum magnetism, aspects of quantum superposition and contextuality, simple harmonic motions, gene to structure, applications of plants and fungal metabolites, epigenetic and hands on experience practical sessions.
The valedictory function on the last day of the programme had a welcome address by the Director of PPISR Dr. A B Halgeri and the valedictory address were by the chief guest Prof. Ranga Uday Kumar of JNCASR, Bangalore.
- FEB 2, 2016: CONSTRUCTION OF BHARAT RATNA Dr. C N R RAO LABORATORY FOR MATERIALS SCIENCE:
The chairman’s visit to Bidalur campus and the review of the construction of Materials Science laboratory donated by Bharat Ratna Dr. CNR Rao.
- 15 February, 2016: VISIT BY Dr. GIRISH RAO, Shell Technology Centre, Bangalore
- February 22-25, 2016: OUT REACH PROGRAMME FOR POORNAPRAJNA SCHOOLS OF BANGALORE
An outreach programme was organised by PPISR at Bidalur Campus for all the Poornaprajna schools of Bangalore to encourage students to inculcate a passion for science and to particular, for research in fundamental and basic sciences.
- MARCH 09, 2016: ONE DAY WORKSHOP IN “ADVANCES OF THEORETICAL CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS”
The one-day workshop at the Bidalur Campus, sponsored by PPISR, was co-ordinated by Dr. Sujit Sarkar. The Director welcomed the delegates of the workshop followed by lighting the lamp. Prof. S Vidyadhiraja of JNCASR gave the inaugural talk and further it was followed by various topics by various eminent speakers, Prof. Diptiman Sen, Prof. Vijay Shenoy, Prof. Subroto Mukherjee and Prof. Prabal Maiti from IISc and Prof S. Vidyadhiraja and Prof Subir Das of JNCASR. Dr. R. Srikanth of PPISR, concluded the workshop, with a vote of thanks.
- Technical session of all the three divisions held on 1st and 2nd of July, 2015
- Gana Homa New Hostel JULY 21, 2015
- Inauguration of New Hostel Building by HH Sri Vishwapriya Teertha Swamiji on July24, 2015
- Celebration Of Founder's Day and Graduation Day
- Honouring The Donors Of New Hostel Building
- 69th Independence Day Celebrations
- Visit By HH Sri Vishwaprasannatheertha Swamiji, Jr. Pontiff, Sri Pejawar Mutt
- Visit By Team SABIC For Teacher's Day Celebration On September 05, 2015
- Visit by Prof. Panduranga Ashrit, University of Moncton, Canada on 1st October 2015
- Visit Of Catalysis Team For SOUTH INDIA CHAPTER MEET
- DECEMBER 08, 2015 at Main Campus: Center for Foundational Study (CFS), PPISR, Bidalur, in association with the Bangalore chapter of the Nalanda Dialog, organized the International Symposium “Science Meets Oriental Philosophy” (SMOPh-2015).
A team of distinguished professors/researchers from the US, Europe and India participated in the event, aimed at bridging science and philosophy.
- DECEMBER 14, 2015 AT SADASHIVANAGAR CAMPUS The Board of Trustees meeting conducted with the permission of the Chairman. In the non presence of the chairman, the meeting was chaired by Prof. U R Rao, who released the second volume of the newsletter for 2015. The Director made a presentation on the progress of the institute.